We are providing support and advice to practices on a daily basis by telephone and email and will be making resources available online here for you to access.
Please contact us with any specific issues you require support with.
COVID-19: Practices being open over bank holidays
Changes to the GP contract have been made which means the April bank holiday dates (10th and 13th) are now identified as normal working days for GP practices. Please see 3a and 3b: www.legislation.gov.uk
The position for the May bank holidays will be confirmed next month.
Our LMC HR team is handling many queries relating to this. Below is guidance provided for practices and specific queries can be emailed to us via email@example.com
Death Verification, Certification and Cremation Form 4
- Clarification on who can verify a death – Covid-19
- Key Information for all Medical Practitioners (Cumbria Registration Service)
- Information to Doctors regarding Death Certification and Referral to the Coroner (Lancashire)
- BMA Guidance on Death Verification, Certification and Cremation Forms – April 2020
- BMA Guidance on Remote Verification of Expected Death– April 2020
- GOV.UK Verifying death in times of emergency – May 2020
Useful resources and guidance
The BMA COVID-19 webpage
- Visit the webpage
- Updated daily with clear, practical guidance on issues such as Remote Consultations and Homeworking.
- This reference directory also offers links to official information including PHE guidance for primary care www.gov.uk and NHS England guidance for primary care www.england.nhs.uk
The BMA has also published FAQs on your contract terms and conditions which will be updated regularly.
BMA have produced a COVID-19 toolkit for GP practices during the Coronavirus pandemic – find it online here.