Advance Care Planning for People with Dementia
19th May 2020 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
One event on 19/05/2020 at 1:30pm
One event on 20/11/2020 at 1:30pm
The number of people in the UK with dementia is increasing and it affects almost every one of us. The progressive nature of dementia and its impact on cognition may result in major losses that may make the journey very difficult for those involved. This study session aims to look at how these challenges can be made more manageable by early discussions and planning.
What will I learn?
- What is dementia? (brief overview)
- Living and dying with dementia
- Capacity, the Mental Capacity Act and the legal frameworks including palliative and end of life care issues in the context of dementia
- Advance Care Planning considerations
- Advance Care Planning tools
- Ethical and practical dilemmas
- Case studies
To book email – email@example.com