- This event has passed.
10th September 2020 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
One event on 10/09/2020 at 9:30am
Do you understand what cancer actually is? Do you know how it starts and how it spreads? Do you know how the treatments work and why particular ones are chosen? And do you know what effects cancer has on our system as a whole and how it leads to death?
If the answer to any of the above questions is “no” then our Cancer Basics session is for you.
What will I learn?
- What is cancer?
- How cancers grow and spread
- The main cancer groups, including their stages and grading
- How cancer is diagnosed
- Is cancer genetic?
- Treatment options and their actions
- The psychological effects of cancer
- The effects on the system as a whole as the disease advances to the end of life
- After death
To book, please email firstname.lastname@example.org