4th June 2020 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm£95
Most people experiencing normal grief and bereavement have a period of sorrow, numbness, and even guilt and anger. Gradually these feelings ease, and it’s possible to accept loss and move forward. Complicated grief however is like being in an ongoing, heightened state of mourning that keeps you from healing.
This study session aims to raise awareness of complicated grief so that these can be recognised in vulnerable individuals and allow them to be appropriately supported.
What will I learn?
- What is bereavement and grief?
- Stages of mourning
- Normal grief reactions
- Factors affecting the grieving process
- Indications and pointers to complicated grief
- Recognising complicated grief
- Dual process model
- Bereavement communication episodes including techniques and endings
- Case studies
To book please email email@example.com