GPC England has concluded negotiations with NHS Employers for amendments to the 2018/19 GMS (and PMS) contract.
The agreement reached will provide some stability to GMS/PMS contractors, securing £256m of funding to address practice pressures, including practice expenses and a long-overdue pay increase.
GMS contract changes for 2018/19
GPC England has voted to accept this year’s agreement for contractual and non-contractual changes.
For the full details and figures, ensure you read the letter and further information below. Here is a list of the main contractual changes you need to be aware of.
Contract changes – in summary
- Interim uplift of 1% for pay and in line with inflation for expenses, which would be increased further following any uplift secured through the DDRB process
- Increase in indemnity costs covered
- Uplift in line with inflation for those vaccinations and immunisations in the SFE
- Uplift to reimbursements of locum cover for sickness and maternity/paternity/adoption leave
- Fixed-term contracted salaried GPs for sickness/parental leave will be reimbursed (in line with locum cover)
- Minor amendments to clinical aspects of vaccinations and immunisations
- Significant resources and support for implementation of the electronic referral service
- QOF point value to be uplifted to reflect population increase
- New regulations to support practices in the removal of violent patients
- New premises cost directions
Please see the following link on the BMA website for more information and detail about the contract agreement www.bma.org.uk/gpcontractengland