The ‘Next Generation GP’ Leadership programme, funded by NHS England, is coming to the North West. Applicants are invited from across the North West of England, including Cheshire and Merseyside.
This has been a very succesful programme in the south of the country.
Please see the below email from Dr Amit Paik for more information:
I’m excited to announce the launch of a new leadership programme, funded by NHS England, titled: “Next Generation GP”.
- It aims is energise, engage and empower young GPs and trainees to think about the wider system
- Target those within an interest in leadership/management, assisting them at the beginning of their own journey
- The programme will be held on one evening session per month, spread out across 5 months in total, commencing in May, based in Central Manchester, close to Piccadilly Station.
- Each evening is split into two halves:
- A) Interactive lecture or workshop on a specific topic (eg the structure of the NHS, what does commissioning mean, new models of care)
- B) An interview with a national leader to understand their own leadership journey and sharing their experiences
In addition, attendees have the opportunity to network amongst similarly minded individuals at these events and on a dedicated social media forum. They also have the opportunity to sign up to the “Next Generation GP Conference” in June, based in London.
Please see within the attached PDF for further information, including confirmed dates. A limited number of fully funded places are available, with the only costs for delegates being their travel.
Previous events in the South of the country have been overwhelmingly positive; so much so, I’m keen to bring the programme to the North.
Details related to the Manchester programme:
Deadlines for application is 5pm on Monday 7th May. Successful applicants will be informed by email on the 11th May.
I’m more than happy to be contacted over any questions or comments in relation to this scheme.