We are currently recruiting for a Practice Nurse to work with our existing multidisciplinary and friendly team working in a GP practice based in Preston. You will be responsible for assessing, planning and managing patients with various conditions including Chronic Disease Management, Cervical Cytology, Child and Adult Immunisations and Travel Health.
- Maintain high standards of patient care
- Advise, support and administer vaccinations
- May be required to provide practice nursing care in the community to housebound patients
- Maintain high standards of infection control
- Undertake chronic disease management clinics
The ideal candidate will be a first level registered nurse (with current registration) with experience as a General Practice Nurse and treatment room skills. You will have excellent communication skills, able to effectively adapt how you communicate with patients with different levels of understanding and cultural backgrounds.
Clinically, the focus of the role is management of patients with long-term conditions and general nursing interventions for all patients.
If you are self-motivated, reliable, happy to work in a busy GP surgery and want to support your colleagues in delivering a great standard of care we would like to meet you.
Key skills and experience essential:
- First level registered nurse – with current registration is essential
- Experience in General Practice Nursing would be preferred
- Any specialist and professional knowledge gained through diploma level training, experience or short courses would be an advantage – e.g. Asthma, Diabetes, Coronary Heart Disease, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an effective communicator when dealing with patients and carers
- Full UK driving licence
Salary and Benefits:
Negotiable depending upon experience and hours
30 hour over 5 days (negotiable)
How To Apply
Please apply in first instance to The Practice Manager either by post or email including your full curriculum vitae and a cover letter explaining why you feel you will be suitable for the role.
Mrs K Wild
Avenham Health Centre