We are currently recruiting for a second Practice Nurse to work with our existing Practice Nurse and join a multidisciplinary and friendly team working in a GP practice based in Up Holland. You will be responsible for assessing, planning and managing patients with various conditions including Chronic Disease Management, Family Planning, Cervical Cytology, Immunisations and Travel Health. Ideally you will have experience in monitoring and initiating warfarin in anticoagulant clinic.
- Maintain high standards of patient care
- Monitoring patients on anticoagulation medication.
- Provide a Family Planning and Sexual Health service
- Advise, support and administer vaccinations
- May be required to provide practice nursing care in the community to housebound patients
- Maintain high standards of infection control
- Undertake chronic disease management clinics
The ideal candidate will be a first level registered nurse (with current registration) with experience as a General Practice Nurse and treatment room skills. You will have excellent communication skills, able to effectively adapt how you communicate with patients with different levels of understanding and cultural backgrounds.
Key skills and experience essential:-
- First level registered nurse – with current registration is essential
- Experience in General Practice Nursing
- Any specialist and professional knowledge gained through diploma level training, experience or short courses would be an advantage – e.g. Asthma, Diabetes, Coronary Heart Disease, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an effective communicator when dealing with patients and carers
- Full UK driving licence
SALARY & BENEFITS: £negotiable depending upon experience and hours
WORKING HOURS: Part Time
How To Apply
Please apply in first instance to The Practice Manager either by post or email including your full curriculum vitae and a cover letter explaining why you feel you will be suitable for the role.
Post: Hall Green Surgery
164 Ormskirk Road