We have been made aware that there is a delay in the timings of GPES contract extractions for enhanced services this year, due to the Easter bank holiday. There is potential for this to affect the payments run.
NHSE are trying to minimise the impact that this has on practice cash flow, so are looking to time payment run to ensure those with the highest value are done first.The exception is the AUA as the work to validate has always taken some time and it is likely this will get paid later. NHSE is not able to advise on when each run will occur as it is different for each area.
The current timetable is the following;
- The process will start on the 27 March, with all the messages going out to system providers.
- The data collection will start at 1 minute past midnight of 31 March/ 1st April.
After QOF the extractions will be prioritised in the order described below:
- Group 1: Men B, Pneumococcal, Seasonal Flu (all March 2017 payment) – all starting 8 April (earliest possible date, 5 working days into the month)
- Group 2: AUA (component 3 payment), LD (Quarter 4 payment), Rotavirus (March 2017 payment), Pertussis (March 2017 payment) – all starting 12 April after completion of Group 1)
- Group 3: Shingles R, Shingles CU, Men ACWY, Childhood Flu (all March 2017 payments) – all starting 16 April (after completion of Group 2)
- Group 4: Alcohol, Named GP and INLIQ (all March 2017 achievement dates but no direct payment calculations) – all starting 20 April (after completion of Group 3)
The LMC suggests that you make contact with NHSE if you have any issues.