We are providing support and advice to practices on a daily basis by telephone and email and will be making resources available online here for you to access. Please contact us with any specific issues you require support with.
The BMA COVID-19 webpage
- Visit the BMA webpage
- The BMA have produced a COVID-19 toolkit for GPs and practices which should help to answer many questions on a large range of topics relating to COVID-19. The toolkit is updated regularly.
- Updated daily with clear, practical guidance on issues such as Remote Consultations and Homeworking.
- This reference directory also offers links to official information including PHE guidance for primary care www.gov.uk and NHS England guidance for primary care www.england.nhs.uk
The BMA has also published FAQs on your contract terms and conditions which will be updated regularly.
See RCGP and BMA guidance on workload prioritisation during COVID-19:
Useful resources and guidance
The LMC has been working with the ICS to raise awareness to patients of the immense pressure GPs and their staff are under, highlighting how practices have changed their way of working and how abuse is not tolerated. 5 posters have been created and can be used as part of the media campaign for patients.
- BAME LMC Statement
- The Primary Care Network DES
- Statement from the 5 LMCs re PPE, Hot sites and home visiting, Secondary Care interface and Funding
- LMC Response to the Communication of 14th Sept from Nikita Kanani and Ed Waller and associated Toolkit
- Phase 3 Brief to Practices and CCGs - from the 5 LMCs
- LMC Statement re COVID-19 Vaccination Programme
- COVID-19 Vaccination Enhanced Services FAQs
Death Verification, Certification and Cremation Form 4
- Clarification on who can verify a death – Covid-19
- Key Information for all Medical Practitioners (Cumbria Registration Service)
- BMA Guidance on Death Verification, Certification and Cremation Forms – April 2020
- BMA Guidance on Remote Verification of Expected Death– April 2020
- GOV.UK Verifying death in times of emergency – May 2020
See the NHS guidance for more information on completing MCCDs, coroners, cremation and burial.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance for Employers -
- Furlough (May 2021 edition)
- Getting Shielders and Homeworkers back into Practice (May 2021 edition)
- Long COVID (May 2021 edition)
- Self - isolation guidance (May 2021 edition)
- Shielding Guidance (including pregnant employees) (May 2021 edition)
- COVID-19 and patient requests for fit notes (Med3)
- Guidelines for Workplace Safety during COVID-19
- Self-isolation for NHS staff - flowchart
- Face mask exemption requests
- Advice RE: patient requests for ‘rescue packs’ and inhalers
- Communications to patients and how to protect staff
- Coronavirus Patient Information Leaflets in 32 different languages
- PPE Correct doffing
- Checklists for making the practice environment safe and ensuring staff safety
- Coping with demand in General Practice - Letter to send to patients
- Crib sheet - communication to patients